Patients with bronchial asthma should regularly use inhalers to avoid addiction and to have the body reaction. If it is time to replace a medicine for the treatment of the bronchial asthma, you will probably be recommended Ventolin.
Ventolin is a modern medicine for the treatment of the bronchial asthma which dilates bronchi and relieves breathing. It contains Salbutamol, a non-hormone ingredient which stimulates the production of ?2-adrenoceptors, so that bronchi and airway tracts are dilated.
Ventolin is used to arrest acute attacks of the bronchial asthma because it begins acting in 5 minutes after the introduction through the respiratory tracts and helps to stop bronchospasm. This medicine does not influence on ?1-adrenoceptors, and that is why patients do not have side effects in the cardiovascular system.
The advantage of Ventolin is the action during any forms of bronchospasms and bronchospasms caused by the allergic reaction. It slows down a release of histamine and other biologically active ingredients which take part in the process of bronchospasm.
Ventolin is released in the form of the suspension of white or almost white color, for aerosol.
There are also tablets of Ventolin which are mentioned for the additional control of the symptoms of the bronchial asthma. They act slowly but for long period than Ventolin aerosol.
Who is prescribed Ventolin?
Ventolin is prescribed people with diseases of the respiratory system during which the acute bronchospasms appear:
– Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
– Bronchial asthma
– Chronical bronchitis
How to take Ventolin?
The dosed aerosol Ventolin contains 200 single doses. One dose/inhalation contains 100 mcg of Salbutamol.
– To arrest acute bronchospasm, it is recommended to have 1-2 inhalations
– To prevent bronchospasm during the effect of the external allergen, it is recommended to use 2 doses of Ventolin 15-20 minutes before the effect of the originator
– Ventolin may be used not more than 4 times per day (every 6 hours, 200 mcg/2 inhalations)
– The overdose with Ventolin can cause an acute bronchospasm and worsen the symptoms of the bronchial asthma
– Patients with severe cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, pancreatic diabetes, and glaucoma should carefully use Ventolin
– Before prescribing Ventolin to pregnant women, it is necessary to consider all pluses and minuses of the treatment and consult a doctor
The medical tests have indicated that the side effects of Ventolin are rather seldom, in about 4-6% of cases. The side effects often appear in the form of tremor, headache, dizziness, light irritation of oral mucosa, and palpitations.
The side effects of Ventolin should be controlled during the treatment. See a doctor if serious discomfort appears.