Infections may be easily treated with the help of antibiotics but bacteria may easily develop a resistance to similar antibiotics. Therefore, doctors recommend regularly change the antibacterial medicine. If you have troubles with selecting a new antibiotic, buy Bactrim.
Bactrim is an antibacterial chemotherapeutic medicine used for the treatment of many infectious diseases. It contains two active ingredients which provide a synergic action: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethropim. The name of this active ingredients is Co-trimoxazole in medical fields.
Two active ingredients in Bactrim provide a bactericidal action and block enzymes which catalyze the consecutive steps of biosynthesis of folinic acid in the microorganisms. In case of the destruction of synthesis of this acid, the metabolic internal processes are broken in bacteria, the cellular wall is transformed, and a pathogenic microflora gradually dies.
The pharmacological action of Bactrim appears even in low doses due to the synergic action of two active ingredients. In case of the infectious processes of the middle severity, Bactrim is able to completely neutralize the action of microorganisms within 5-7 days.
Bactrim is released in the form of tablets, suspension for the oral use, and capsules. The tablets of Bactrim are round and white. They are divided into two equal parts by line, and one side has a brand name Bactrim.
One tablet of Bactrim may contain:
– 80 mg of Trimetoprim and 400 mg of Sulfamethoxazole (a general dose is 480 mg)
– 160 mg of Trimetoprim and 800 mg of Sulfamethoxazole (a general dose is 960 mg)
Bactrim is prescribed patients with infectious-inflammatory diseases of the different site caused by sensible pathogenic microflora:
– Chronical bronchitis
– urinary tract infections
– typhoid and paratyphoid
– acute and chronic osteomyelitis
– toxoplasmosis and others
How to take Bactrim?
– Bactrim is taken for 5 days to treat infectious diseases
– If infectious processes of the middle severity, patients are prescribed Bactrim 480 mg 1-2 times per day
– If severe infectious/inflammatory processes, the dose of Bactrim is increased up to 960 mg 1-2 times per day
– The Bactrim tablets are taken after meals with a full glass of water
Suspension/syrup Bactrim is used in pediatrics to treat infection in children under 12 years old.
– Children under 5 years old are prescribed Bactrim one metering-spoon 2 times per day after meals
– Children at the age of 5 to 12 years old are given 2 metering-spoons of the Bactrim syrup 2 times per day after meals
– Do not consume alcohol during the use of Bactrim
– In case of the simultaneous use of Bactrim with diuretics, the probability of thrombocytopenia is increased (discuss it with your doctor, if you take diuretics)
– Bactrim is not prescribed during pregnancy, severe diseases of liver, kidneys, and intense pathologies of the thyroid body
The side effects happening during the use of Bactrim are:
– High temperature
– nausea, vomiting
If the side effects do not pass within 1-2 days and become stronger, cancel the treatment and go to a doctor.