One of the main causes of the female infertility is an absence of ovulation. In order to stimulate ovulation, women are recommended to take Clomid. It regulates the level of the female sexual hormones and restores a reproductive function.
Clomid is the main antiestrogen drug which is used during the excessive content of the female sexual hormones. It contains an active ingredient Clomiphene which regulates the activity of estrogenic receptors in the ovaries and pituitary. It acts selectively and does not affect estrogenic receptors in other organs and tissues.
In case of estrogen deficit, Clomid stimulates their production, so that the balance of the female sexual hormones is restored. In case of the excessive amount of estrogens and ovulation disorder, Clomid prevents the formation of the female sexual hormones and improves the reproductive function.
Using Clomid, a menstrual cycle is restored, ovulation and a chance to become pregnant appears, the work of pituitary and others organs taking part in the metabolism of estrogens is regulated.
It has been medically proved that 60% of women taking Clomid can become pregnant after the first therapy. After the second therapy, more than 80% of women can successfully be pregnant.
Clomid is released in the pills for the oral use. The pills are white and round, and may contain 25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of the active ingredient Clomiphene.
Clomid is prescribed women of the reproductive age who have a disorder of ovulation or menstrual cycle because of the toxicity/deficit of estrogens. The indications for the use of Clomid are as follows:
– Anovulatory sterility
– Secondary hypovarianism
– polycystic ovaries (Stein syndrome – Leventhal)
Clomid is also prescribed men who have androgenic failure in the setting of the gonadotropic hypophysary function disorder.
To restore ovulation, Clomid is prescribed by cycles within 5 days, until a natural ovulation appears.
– Clomid is prescribed in the dose of 50 mg once per day within 5 days starting from the 5th day of the menstrual cycles for the first cycle of the treatment
– If ovulation did not appear within a month after the end of using Clomid 50 mg, the second cycle of the treatment will be started
– Clomid is prescribed in the dose of 150 mg once per day within 5 days starting from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle for the second cycle of the treatment
In the treatment of the androgenic pathologies of men (oligospermia, androgenic failure and others) Clomid is taken in the dose of 100 mg once per day within 2-3 months.
– Do not take Clomid during pregnancy and lactation
– Do not take Clomid if you have severe diseases of liver, organic affections of the central nervous system and also bleedings of the unknown origin
– The maximal length of the treatment with Clomid should not exceed 6 months
– If ovulation happens naturally but a woman cannot become pregnant, Clomid will help to increase a chance of the successful conception.
Using Clomid can cause discomfort in stomach, flatulency, nausea, sleepiness, flushes, or headache. Most women experience high sensation in breast during the use of Clomid.
The side effects of Clomid pass quietly, if an individual scheme of the treatment is correct.