The most progressive method of the treatment of the inflammatory diseases of non-infectious origin is non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). They inhibit the basic symptoms of the inflammatory process, arrest pain and help a patient to get rid of unbearable sufferings. One of the most popular NSAID is Diclofenac.
Diclofenac inhibits biologically active lipids (prostaglandins) which take part in the inflammatory processes and cause acute pain.
Diclofenac provides an intense anti-inflammatory, analgesic and mild antifebrile action. The mechanism of the action is conditioned by the inhibition of the activity of cyclooxygenase, an enzyme which precedes a synthesis of prostaglandins and ingredients causing an inflammatory process.
Due to the broad action, the field of the Diclofenac administration is very broad. It quickly inhibits pain caused by the inflammatory process (within an hour after the use of the single dose) and stops inflammatory reactions of any site.
In case of the short-term administration of Diclofenac in therapeutic doses, it does not cause side effects in the gastro-intestinal tract, and therefore it is a safer NSAID.
Diclofenac is released in the form of tablets, ointment, gel, eye drops, and solution for injections. Each medical form has its own advantages, and therefore it can be used during different inflammatory reactions.
Diclofenac tablets are round and orange the tablets are released in the dose of 50 mg and 100 mg.
Diclofenac is prescribed patients during the appearance of the painful inflammatory processes needed an urgent medical intervention:
– degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system (osteochondrosis, osteoarthritis)
– inflammation of the soft tissues
– Pain during gout
The Diclofenac tablets are strictly taken according to the instructions following the doctor’s recommendations. Do not abuse the tablets of Diclofenac because it can lead to ulcers and erosion on the mucous membrane of the GIT.
– To arrest a pain syndrome of the inflammatory origin, patients are recommended to take a tablet of Diclofenac 50 mg 2-3 times per day
– If severe degenerative processes of the locomotor system, Diclofenac 100 mg can be used 2 times per day
– The maximal single dose of Diclofenac is 100 mg
If the disease symptoms are reduced, it is necessary to lower the dose of Diclofenac up to the minimal effect one – 50-100 mg per day.
– Diclofenac is not prescribed during stomach ulcer and duodenum ulcer during the acute condition, blood formation disorders, and severe diseases of kidneys and/or liver
– If cardiovascular diseases (arterial hypertension, heart failure, arrhythmia, and others) Diclofenac should be used carefully.
Using Diclofenac can cause side effects of the middle severity: nausea, stomachache, diarrhea, flatulency, agitation, insomnia, and skin rash.
The development of the side effects can tell about the incorrect dose. To reduce the side effects, the dose of Diclofenac is lowered.