People often have groundless anxiety, concern, and attacks of fear in case of the high agitation of the central nervous system. In order to return emotional stability, it is enough to take a pill of Ativan.
Ativan is an antianxiety product from the group of benzodiazepine. It includes an active ingredient Lorazepam which has been approved by FDA.
Ativan has a wide pharmacological action but it is often used to arrest the symptoms of anxiety and acute psychoemotional disorders in the medical practice. This medicine has a strong sedative, myorelaxing action. The anticonvulsive activity of Ativan is weak by means of the action to specific receptors in the central nervous system.
Ativan provides a fast effect but the period of the action is short. The action period of the dose is 6-8 hours, and so the medicines should be used several times per day.
Ativan is released in pills of white color which have five-sided form. The pill may contain 0,5 m, 1 mg, or 2 mg of Lorazepam.
Who is prescribed Ativan?
Ativan is prescribed people over 18 years old with acute/chronic psychoemotional disorders:
– Improved psycho-emotional excitability
How to take Ativan?
The use of Ativan should be started from the minimal doses, and the dose should be gradually increased up to the needed therapeutic effect.
– The initial dose of Ativan is 0,5 mg 3 times per day
– To enhance antianxiety action, the dose may be increased by 1 mg per day once per week, not more
– The maximal everyday dose of Ativan is 8 mg per day
– The daily dose is divided into 3 parts and taken every 6-8 hours depending on the period of action of Ativan to your body
– The final part of the daily dose is used 30 minutes before sleeping in order to provide a quality and good sleep
– To arrest an acute attack of fear or panic, it is enough to take a pill of Ativan 2 mg
– As Ativan provides an intense sedative action, be cautious during driving a car
– Ativan is contraindicated during respiratory obstruction, bronchial asthma or breathing distress
– Do not take Ativan if you are under 18 years old, have allergy to Lorazepam or are pregnant
– Do not take beverage drinks or other drugs affected the central nervous system during the treatment. It may cause side effects.
The peculiar side effects of Ativan aredrowsiness, nausea, dyspepsia, headache, decreased libido, decreased ejaculate volume, lower blood pressure, and fatigue.
The side effects may be increased while increasing the daily dose. It is necessary to increase the dose gradually, and if you noticed side effects, terminate the increase of the daily dose of Ativan.