Lately the number of diseases related to the mind disorders grows. People often go to doctors and ask for medicines which will help them to calm down, reduce stress, get rid of the anxiety and concern. One of the best drugs for the treatment of the mind disorders is Xanax.
Xanax is an ataractic medicine of the middle length of the action and has an intense antianxiety action. It contains a main active ingredient Alprazolam which has been approved by FDA for the treatment of the anxious disorders.
Xanax is a medicine from the group of benzodiazepines and provides a sedative, anticonvulsive and myorelaxing action. Xanaxhasmoreintenseantianxietyeffect. Using the drug, sleep is restored, anxiety disappears, mood is improved, anxiety and fear disappear. The mechanism of the action consists in the reduction of the agitation of some parts of the brain, so that the agitation of the CNS is reduced, and patient has normal emotional and psychological health.
Xanax is produced in pills for the oral use. The pills of Xanax 0,25 mg are oval and white; the pills of Xanax 0,5 mg are oval and orange; Xanax 1 mg is blue; and
Xanax 2 mg is white and rectangular.
Who is prescribed Xanax?
Xanax is prescribed patients over 18 years old with intense disorders of psyche and diseases of the central nervous system:
– Panic disorder
– Sleep disturbance
– Depressive disorder on the background of somatic disorders
How to take Xanax?
Xanax is started from the minimal doses of 0,2-0,5 mg 3 times per day. The pills are taken between meals, with a glass of water. The dose is gradually increased to increase the therapeutic effect. The maximal daily dose of Xanax is 1,5 mg 3 times per day.
Senior patients are not recommended to take more than 1 pill of Xanax 0,5 mg 3 times per day.
The treatment is continued till the disease symptoms will completely disappear. A cessation of Xanax is gradual by lowering the dose by 0,5-1 mg per week.
– A sudden cessation of Xanax leads to the increase of the symptoms of the mental disorder
– Do not take Xanax with psychomotor drugs, medicines which inhibit CNS, and alcohol
– Xanax is toxic for fetus, and therefore it is contraindicated to take it during pregnancy
– During the prolonged treatment, a tolerance to the action of Xanax may be developed, and therefore it is necessary to regularly change the scheme of the treatment and replace the medicine, if possible
– Xanax is contraindicated during glaucoma, respiratory distress, myasthenia, and severe depression
– Xanax is not prescribed patients under 18 years old
The side effects of Xanax appear at the beginning of the treatment, during the adaptation of the body to the stimulation of the CNS. The use of Xanax often causes drowsiness, impaired coordination of movement, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, tremors, and memory impairment.
The side effects should completely disappear in 1-2 weeks after the beginning of taking Xanax. The adjustment of the dose will help to minimize the negative effect of Alprazolam.