Inflammatory processes of non-infectious origin are often accompanied by acute pain. Inordertostopsufferingsandarrestpain, Voltarencanbeused. It will quickly help to reduce inflammatory process, reduce pain and relieve the human sufferings.
Voltaren is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory product which is widely used all over the world to arrest acute pain. It contains Diclofenac, one of the most popular anti-inflammatory drugs which has been developed in 1996.
Voltaren has an intense anti-inflammatory and analgesic action. It begins acting within 15-25 minutes and can relieve the state of a patient during neurological, post-traumatic, and rheumatic pain.
The mechanism of the action of Voltaren consists in blocking the production of prostaglandins, ingredients which take part in the process of the inflammation development, fever and pain. In case of the reduced production of prostaglandins, the inflammatory edema is reduced, painful threshold is increased, fever in the area of the inflammation and general body temperature are lowered.
It is medically proved that Voltaren is able to reduce pain in the stomach and bleeding during dysmenorrhea.
Voltaren is released in the form of pill for the oral use and gel for the external application. The Voltaren pills are triangular and orange, and have the name of the drug “Voltaren” and a dose.
There are also prolonged forms of Voltaren in round pills.
Who is prescribed Voltaren?
Voltaren is prescribed patients with chronic or acute inflammatory processes which are accompanied by pain syndrome:
– inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system
– post-traumatic postoperative pain
– inflammatory processes in the pelvis
– rheumatic diseases of soft tissues
– Neurological pain
How to use Voltaren?
The Voltaren pills are taken 1-2 times per day depending on the type of the painful syndrome and intensity of the inflammatory process. The pills are taken before meals, with a full glass of water.
– Adults and children over 12 years old are recommended to take Voltaren 75 mg 1-2 times per day
– Children under 12 years old are recommended to use 0,5-2 mg per 1 kg of the body weight, 2-3 times per day
– The treatment should not exceed 14 days. If a longer treatment is needed, the dose of Voltaren is adjusted, or it is replaced by another medicine
– During the prolonged use of Voltaren, patients may develop the signs of the gastric ulcer, and therefore it is necessary to control the functions of the GIT and take proton pump inhibitors to prevent the ulcer
– Voltaren is contraindicated during heart, renal, hepatic failures
– Patients are not prescribed Voltaren during inflammatory diseases of the intestine, active diseases of liver, intolerance of lactose, and chronic diseases of heart
– Voltaren is contraindicated during pregnancy
The use of Voltaren in therapeutic doses does not cause side effects in patients with normal sensitivity to Diclofenac. Voltaren may cause the following side effects in patients with high sensitivity to Diclofenac: abdominal cramps, nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness, and allergic reaction.
The dose of Voltaren is reduced by two times during intense side effects.