Candidiasis is the most common fungal disease in adults and children. There are different types of candidiasis which are treatable only during complex approach. The common antibiotics do not help to cure of the candidiasis, and therefore the only proved method is Diflucan.
Diflucan is an antifungal medicine which contains Fluconazole. This medicine is active as to most fungal diseases which are caused by Candidaspp., Microsporumspp., Trychoptytonspp., Histoplasmacapsulatum, Blastomycesdermatitidis, Coccidioidesimmitis, Cryptococcusneoformans.
After the peroral use, Diflucan is well absorbed from the GIT and penetrates into all liquids of the body. Its concentration in saliva, phlegm, cerebrospinal fluid is the same like in the blood plasma, so that the maximal efficiency is achieved in the treatment of the fungal infections of any site.
The mechanism of the action of Diflucan as to pathogenic microflora consists in the inhibition of sterole synthesis which are present in the cells of fungi. During the inhibition of sterols, fungi loss the ability to actively develop and gradually die. The positive therapeutic effect is achieved even during the one-time use of Diflucan.
Diflucan is produced in tablets, capsules and solution for the intramuscular injections. The original Diflucan from Pfizer is released in the form of capsules of blue color. Capsules/tablets of Diflucan can contain 50 mg or 150 mg of the active ingredients Fluconazole.
Who is prescribed Diflucan?
Diflucan is prescribed for the treatment and prophylaxis of the fungal diseases:
– cryptococcal meningitis
– generalized candidiasis
– mucosal candidiasis
– Genital candidiasis
Diflucan works for patients with poor immunity and morbific tumors.
How to take Diflucan?
The dosage regimen of Diflucan is prescribed after previous examination.
– If genital candidiasis, Diflucan is recommended once, in the dose of 150 mg
– If candidiasis of the mucous membranes, it is recommended to take Diflucan 50 mg within 10-30 days depending on the site and severity of the infection
– If treatment of Cryptococci infections, it is needed to take Diflucan 200-400 mg per day within 1-2 months. The treatment should be under doctor’s supervision
As the therapeutic effect of Diflucan is increased during the prolonged use, the scheme of the treatment and dosage may vary during the treatment.
– Avoid Diflucan during pregnancy except cases when a fungal infection threatens a pregnant woman
– Using Diflucan during HIV, a chance of the skin allergic reaction is increased
– During the prolonged use of Diflucan, it is recommended to control the liver functions
– Children under 3 years old, patients with hepatic failure and intolerance of lactose are contraindicated to take Diflucan
The side effects of Diflucan happen like during the use of other medical drugs, however you should be ready for headache, dizziness, convulsions, insomnia, tremor, myalgia during the prolonged treatment. The side effects of headache, dizziness, convulsions, insomnia, tremor, myalgia completely pass after the end of the therapy.